Wednesday 28 May 2014

I can't think of a title

I JUST TALKED TO PAOLAAAA, through Skype of course.

After all this while, I could finally see her and hear her voice again.. I miss Paola, really. She's my italian friend that I always (?) talk about. She was an exchange student here. She stayed at my house for a year. She came to Malaysia in June 2012, and went back to Italy in June 2013. AFS Exchange Student Programme is amazing. It really creates a bond between the student and the host family. Paola has been away for almost a year now, but we still keep in touch. And thanks to the social network! hahaha.

My dad was an exchange student too (under AFS). He went to America back in 1964 or 1965, im not sure. He stayed in Iowa with this one lovely family. It has been 50 years.. 50 YEARS. But Dada still contacts them. My dad calls his host parents 'Grandpa and Grandma.' They are now 90 years++. Thats crazy. He went there a few times to visit them after the programme had finished. He is planning to go and see them again soon.

You see.. the relationships we have with people are amazing. Someone who was a stranger to us could be one who is dear to our heart. Like Paola.. She was a total stranger, who came all the way from Ivrea, Italy and lived with us. And now, we are friends (more like family actually, she was my host sister). I'm planning to visit her someday with Juman.. If only Dada let us hahaha.

It upsets me to see someone who is our kin, willing to betray and do bad things toward us. Shameless human being. I'm not talking about me here.. God forbid it. But there are people I know that are willing and have the guts to do such thing to their family. Its terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment